Benefits of essential oils:
- Peppermint – anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal effects
- Eucalyptus – natural germicide, may also help treat skin infections
- Clove – anti-microbial
- Tea tree – naturally anti-microbial and anti-septic
- Cinnamon Leaf – antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic
Note: If you have very sensitive skin, use less essential oils. Some of the oils can be irritating to sensitive skin. The coconut oil acts as a carrier, but use caution just in case.
ANTIBACTERIAL COCONUT OIL HAND SOAP
- 2 tablespoons castile soap
- 2 teaspoons fractionated coconut oil
- 15 drops clove essential oil
- 10 drops tea tree oil
- 5 drops each: cinnamon leaf, eucalyptus, peppermint essential oils
- Equipment needed: empty foaming hand dispenser
- Fill an empty foaming soap dispenser ¾ of the way with water. Add the castile soap, fractionated coconut oil, and essential oils. Add a little more water, if needed, to fill the bottle the rest of the way. Make sure to leave enough room at the top for the pump. Place pump on top and tighten. Shake well to combine and use as desired.